The Stiltner Family Genealogy
Frederick Stiltner Family in Virginia
An excerpt from "The Cascade Mountain Clan" by
Woodrow R. Clevinger, 1971 -
Frederick Stiltner is the Virginia ancestor of a large related group of
Stiltner families now living in Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington State.
He was the fourth son of Frederick Charles Stiltner. He was born April 11,
1826 and died October 12, 1911 in Buchanan County, Virginia. During his 85
years, he married five times, being widowed four times. His marriages were to
- Louisa Collins
- Polly Stiltner
- Lizzie Davis
- Jane Wilburn
- Cinda Gallinue Rice.
He was the father of ten children recorded as follows in the
Burton G, Stiltner Journal from Primitive Church records -
- Edward Stiltner, b 1855, d 1901 in Buchanan County, Virginia, md Lizzie
Biggs, raised family in Virginia.
- Franklin Pierce Stiltner, b 1856 from Louisa Collins, md Annie Cutlip
about 1876, moved to Webster County, Virginia, thence to Lewis County, Morton,
Washington about 1914, died Morton, Washington 1934 where he was head of a
large pioneer family.
- Biddle Stiltner, b 1856, d ca 193\20 in Virginia, md (1) Basil Galahue, md
(2) Isaac Hess.
- Jacob R. Stiltner, b 1858, md (1)Punia Howell, md (2) Nancy Curt, moved to
West Virginia, thence to Lewis County, Washington with brother Franklin
Pierce, died Morton, Washington \, 1940.
- Christopher C. Stiltner, b 1867, d about 1930 in Buchanan County,
Virginia, md Rachel Deel (Deil). Member of Regular Baptist Church. Raised
large family in Buchanan County, some of whom married members of the Clevinger
- G. W. Stiltner, 1868 - 1939. Married Matilda Stiltner, 1897 in Buchanan
- Frederick Stiltner (III), 1870 - 1939. Married (1) Lizzie Sloan, md (2)
Margaret Stone, large family in Buchanan County, Virginia.
- Nancy A. Stiltner, 1872 - 1944, md Sparrel Childress (Childers) in 1903.
United in Regular Baptist Church, Bull Creek, Buchanan County, Virginia.
- Ira Stiltner, b 1875 and died as an infant.
- Amanda Stiltner, 1876 - 1930, baptized in Regular Baptist Church, Bull
Creek, Buchanan County, Virginia, md Ruben Dale and raised family in Virginia
1890 - 1920.
Subsequent pages coming, real soon ...
Return to the Genealogy Home
The Universe is An Affirmative Communication Process!
Statement of Policy -
This web site and the information in it, is brought to you in the spirit of
freedom of information and as a public service in support of the Stiltner
URL of this page:
Copyright ©2000, 2002 E. Stiltner.