The Stiltner Family Genealogy
Christopher C. Stiltner Families in Virginia
An excerpt from "The Cascade Mountain Clan" by
Woodrow R. Clevinger, 1971 -
Christopher C. Stiltner (1821 - 1912), an older son of
Frederick Charles Stiltner, was head of a large family in Buchanan County,
Virginia, 1840 - 1890. Two of his daughters married Clevinger men and two of
his sons married daughters of the family named Looney in old Virginia. Some of
his grandchildren moved to West Virginia and @Washington. Christopher married
Polly Lee of an old Virginia family in 1841. According to Old Regular Baptist
Church records of Buchanan County, the following children were born to this
union and they married as follows -
- Surrilda Stiltner, b 1842, mf John C. Clevinger in Virginia.
- John C. Stiltner, b 1847, md Lucinda Looney in Virginia.
- Preston Stiltner, b 1849, md Polly Wolford.
- Sarah Stiltner, b 1851, md Hamilton Clevinger.
- Elijah Stiltner, b 1853, md (1) Matilda Epling, md (2) Ada Owens.
- Hulda Stiltner, b 1855, md Charles C. Stiltner.
- R. W. Stiltner, b 1857, md (1) Lena Stiltner, md (2) Allie Epling.
- Christopher C. Stiltner II, b 1858, md Louisa Stiltner.
- Mary Frances Stiltner, b 1860, md Henry Looney in Virginia.
Subsequent pages coming, real soon ...
Return to the Genealogy Home
The Universe is An Affirmative Communication Process!
Statement of Policy -
This web site and the information in it, is brought to you in the spirit of
freedom of information and as a public service in support of the Stiltner
URL of this page:
Copyright ©2000, 2002 E. Stiltner.